Mountain Mike's Pizza

Pizza.

One of the things we GF folk miss is pizza, grabbing a slice, ordering a pie, delivery pizza at home.

It has been two years since the GF Food Expo in San Diego where I met the owner of the two local Mountain Mike's Pizza.  He told me a story about his daughter, who has to be GF, and how his restaurants offer safe GF Pizza.  I kept thinking I would stop in - its been two years.  Sam Golding owns the shop in Clairemont Mesa and I believe another in San Carlos.

Its not far but not close, so I didn't venture down to the Clairemont shop.  And, I'm apprehensive about new places.  I hate getting sick from contamination.

This is the Gluten Free Menu.


Let me tell you it was a great experience.  The girl behind the counter knew what she was talking about, they have a good GF menu - not just pizza (they even have three GF beers), and the pizza was delicious.

The GF crusts are small, 10 inch.  They are GF, soy, egg and dairy free.  They have a good texture and taste.


The GF crusts are made off site.  The GF pizza is prepared in the back with its own toppings - sauce, cheese, etc.  They put down two sheets of parchment on top of a pan to cook the oven but it is a shared oven.  The flour they use up front is corn flour or other non-wheat flours so there is not gluten flour floating through the air.

You can see the GF Menu here.  As you can see below its pretty extensive.  They also have sandwiches on Udi's GF rolls.

If you visit findmeglutenfree.com/mountain-mikes they have a 25% coupon.

I'll definitely be back.  If you have not been there yet you need to try it out.

A full and very happy,

Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park