Pamela's Pizza

If you have followed my blog you know I like pizza.  I really miss my gluten containing dough and I'm still on the search for that perfect blend.  I have tried many and I recently tried a new one.

Pamela's has a Bread Mix that is good for making bread, pie crust, cookies and pizza.  We thought we would try it out.


It was super easy to make.  Add Pamela's Mix, yeast, oil and water and mix.  She offers an option of adding cheese and italian herbs.  After the first batch I now add a bit of garlic powder, oregano and honey.


Next you split the dough in two, oil up your hands and flatten them out on parchment paper on a pizza pan.  Let it sit for an hour to rise.  The more you flatten it the crisper your crust.


Next you par bake them in the oven at 375 for 25 - 30 minutes.  I found the longer and browner the crust the crispier the crust.


Then add you toppings and cook 10 - 12 minutes.  We choose to do a half pepperoni and half cheese.  You can find my homemade sauce recipe on my blog here.


Let cool slightly so the cheese doesn't go everywhere, cut and enjoy.


My kids really liked it.  It was good, not a NY style thin crust and not a deep dish Chicago pie.  So if someone knows a city between NY and Chicago this is the crust I think you'll find there.  We have another large bag of the bread mix and I think we'll go through it pretty quickly.

Ciao,

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

San Diego Safari Park

Sake