Gluten Free Poke

I went fishing off the coast of San Diego this summer.  We caught some nice Dorado and Yellowtail.  Sashimi does not get any fresher than this.  So what do you do with all of this fish - eat it.

We had sashimi, we cooked it many ways and I made some Hawaiian style poke.  I had played around with it but this seemed to be a perfect dish.

Here is a Dorado, otherwise know as mahi-mahi (yes, caught on a fly for you fisherman).


For the Poke Marinade combine in a bowl and place in fridge:

1/4 of thinly sliced yellow onion
2 finely chopped scallions
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 tsp salt
1/2 Cup GF Tamari
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
[optional] 1 tsp chili sauce (I used Linghams)
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes

Make sure you have fresh fish.  If not freshly caught check with you local fish monger.
Rinse and dry your fish.  Cut your fresh fish into cubes and place in fridge.  I used a combo of fresh mahi-mahi and yellowtail.

When you are ready to eat combine the fish and marinade.  I topped mine with some slices of toasted seaweed paper.  Avocado is a nice addition too but I was out of it today.


Enjoy,

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park