Some Gluten Free Finds

I have been busy but I need to update the site with some new recipes - they are coming.  In the meantime I have found a bunch of new products that I wanted to share.

I was in the local Whole Foods when I saw the pancake mix from Glutino.  I thought this is going to be the greatest thing for camping.  All you have to do is add water, shake and pour.  I haven't made it yet so i'll report back when I do.  Keep this in mind when you are camping or on the road.


Way Better Snacks I have found many places.  They are certified GF.  I really like their Sweet Chili Tortilla Chips.  These are sprouted snacks made with corn, flax seed, quinoa, daikon radish, chia seed, broccoli seed.  Allergy info:  Made in a facility that uses soy, sesame, flaxseed and dairy.  They are super good with a nice little kick.  They are good plain but even better with some fresh guacamole.


Chocolate.  Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are so good.  Certified GF and delicious.  I keep this handy for a late night treat.  They now have them in some single packages just in time for Halloween so pick up a bag for your trick-or-treaters.


I saw this product in the Asian section, certified GF noodles but I had never heard of mung bean.  This is sold by Opal Exports I found it at Whole Foods.  The bad - I found out I do not like the taste of mung bean.  I made a quick pesto with garlic, basil, a bit of parsley, salt, pine nuts and olive oil.  The good - the texture was right on, it had a good bite a good chew and not brittle like some other GF pastas.



No Nuttin.  I found these bars and oatmeal at my local Keil's supermarket.  Libre Naturals produces nonuttin bars, oatmeal and trail mix.  These are peanut free, tree nut free, dairy free, gluten free and soy free.  They are just really good.  Many GF granola bars taste, well, GF.  These are great.  I really like the double chocolate and the raisin.  I'll be stocking up on a few boxes of each flavor.


They also make these oatmeal cups - simply add water and seep.  My favorite is the Pacific Coast flavor - it contains blueberries and cranberries.  Keep these at home, at work or pack for trip.


Well, there you have it.  A few new GF finds.  Look for them wherever you pick up your GF products.

Until next time,

The Un-Gluten Guy





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park