Health Valley Cafe Soup

So I like soup.  And I enjoy cooking soup.  Homemade soup is just good, filling, nutritious and delicious.

But sometimes I don't have time to make soup.  I actually have a river trip coming up and I was thinking about things to pack that I could easily heat up for lunch or a snack - and soup came to mind.

I looked around and did not find a ton of gluten free options.  At my local supermarket I found Gluten Free Cafe Soups.  This is a division of the Hain Celestial Group and their products are GF Certified.



I picked up the Chicken Noodle.  Opened the can and dumped it into a pot. Heated it up then poured it into a bowl.



How was it?  Not too bad and actually quite good.  A bit salty, but you sort of expect that from a canned soup.  The noodles were of good texture, not mushy.  The chicken was a bit chewy.  The vegetables still had a good textural bite to them.

I'll pack it on my trip as it will be easy to heat up over the fire or a camp stove.  Think about keeping a can around for a rainy day or when you are feeling under the weather.

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Sake

San Diego Safari Park