Oriental Chicken Salad

I think California Pizza Kitchen is the most well known but I have seen and had this dish at many restaurants.  I was in the mood but needed to make a dressing.  I had been putting it off until I had a kitchen full of ingredients.

I had actually prepared toppings for Pho soup but messed up the broth (I used some frozen oxtail and I think it was bad.)  Anyway, I had a ton of cut up cilantro, onions and other stuff.

What to do with the toppings?  Make a really yummy salad.  Many places use cabbage for their oriental chicken salad, but the nice thing about cooking at home is you can do what you and your taste buds want.


The salad consisted of:

Lettuce
Shredded Carrots and Daikon radish
Sprouts
Cucumbers
Thin slice yellow onions
Scallions
Roasted Peanuts
Mandarin orange slices
sliced grilled chicken that I had seasoned with salt and turmeric
cilantro

For the dressing combine:

4 Tablespoons of Rice Wine Vinegar
4 Tablespoons of GF Hoisin Sauce (I use Premier Japan)
3 Tablespoons peanut butter (I use Earth Balance)
2 Tablespoons of brown sugar or agave nectar
2 teaspoons of sesame oil
1-2 teaspoons of fresh grated ginger (depends on your taste - we like ginger)
1-2 teaspoon of Siracha (I use Organicville)

Pretty easy.  I went a little heaving on the dressing, but it still tasted great.  It will give you enough dressing for about four salads.

Enjoy,

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

San Diego Safari Park

Sake