Guess? Really, guess?
So, its summer. Time for fresh food. Simple is sometimes better. So what is it?
Locally caught rockfish and asparagus. Yes, asparagus.
What you need:
One lemon juiced
1 Clove garlic - minced
Salt and Pepper
1. Make sure to remove any bones from the fish and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a skillet and add a bit of olive oil. Cook each side and remove to a plate.
3. Wipe the pan clean and add 1 Tbsp butter and about a tbsp of capers then add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Return the filets to the pan to coat both sides.
5. Plate the fish and pour a bit of the remaining liquid and capers over the fish.
1. Using a peeler, peal off shavings of the asparagus. You could also use a mandoline.
2. Heat a skillet and toast some walnuts then remove and set aside.
3. Add some oil to the skillet and add the garlic. Before it browns add the asparagus and toss to coat and cook until it is al dente. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the toasted walnuts and toss.
5. Plate and grate some fresh cheese over top.
The Un-Gluten Guy