Gluten Free Brownies

Update 4/17/13 - I found that using chips to melt left a oil residue.  I switched to using chocolate (you can use any chocolate bar or baking chocolate) I use Endangered Species.

Brownies continue to be a favorite in my house.  When I make them they usually do not last more than a few days.  We have made some changes and this is my latest version.



1.  In a bowl combine
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup white rice flour
1/4 cup black bean flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Ghirardelli)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp xanthan gum

and mix with a whisk or place in a sealed tuberware container and shake.

2.  Over a double boiler combine
12 tablespoons of GF butter or butter substitute
4 oz of GF chocolate (I use Ghirardelli 60% bittersweet)

melt and turn off heat and do not let it burn.

3.  In a bowl whisk together
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon of GF vanilla extract
4 eggs

whisk for a few minutes until the graininess of the sugar is gone.

4.  Add the melted chocolate/butter to the sugar/egg mixture

5.  Fold in the brownie mix

6.  Fold in 4 oz of chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli semi-sweet)

7.  Pour into a well buttered 9x9 pan and cook in preheated oven at 350 degree for about 45 minutes.


Enjoy,

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

San Diego Safari Park

Sake