Endangered Species Chocolate

In the spirit of Valentine's Day I thought chocolate was a good topic to discuss.  My new love is Endangered Species Chocolate. 

Who doesn't like chocolate?

But what about gluten?  Cocao is naturally gluten free but you have to be concerned about what is added to make the specific chocolate confection or what manufacturing line it is prepared on.  You can find information about Hershey's, See's and others online to determine which items may be safe.  Unfortunately, Godiva states that all of their products may contain gluten and states that anyone with allergies should NOT eat their chocolate.  I was looking for something that is safe across an entire product line to make my life easier - and it needed to taste good.



Then I saw Endangered Species Chocolate.  Are they GF?  This is what they say on their website:

Endangered Species Chocolate products are CERTIFIED GLUTEN-FREE™ by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization. This certification allows us to feel 100% confident in recommending products to customers with Celiac Disease. Look for the “Certified Gluten-Free” symbol on each label. Seasonal and specialty items may not carry this certification; please consult our Gluten-Free certificate for a listing of all products that hold this certification.

But how does it taste? Really, really good.  I like dark chocolate and they have many varieties.  They have dark chocolate in both 72% and 88% cocoa, and both are really good.  The natural dark chocolate with mint is awesome - just the right amount of mint.  I also like the dark chocolate with 72% cocoa with espresso beans and another bar with cacao nibs.  If you are not into dark chocolate they offer 43% cocoa milk chocolate.

They also sell boxes with individually wrapped 3.5 oz pieces.  These are great for a special snack to put in the kids' lunches, or to take to work, or if you fear that you'll eat a whole bar at one setting.

While researching this post I saw they have a dark chocolate with peppermint crunch that I'll have to try and they have a new dark chocolate with sea salt & almonds.

So pick up a bar and enjoy,

The Un-Gluten Guy

P.s. Happy Valentine's Day


Comments

  1. Just discovered your blog from the list on celiaccentral.org. Thanks for the chocolate recommendation. Pretty packaging, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the dark Chocolate Mint. I get the small squares so that when I get the urge to indulge in some REALLY AWESOME chocolate I can still feel like royalty, because I'm wathing my portion sizes. :)
    -Susan@BodynSoul-HealthCoaching.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park