What you need (serves 2)
leftover rice (one takeout container (about 1 1/2 cups))
1 large carrot chopped
1/2 onion diced
GF soy sauce
1. Heat a wok or similar large pan on medium high heat. Add a small amount of oil if you are using a non-stick pan or about 1/2 tablespoon if not. I like to use grapeseed oil. Peanut oil or any oil that will not burn under high heat will work.
2. Whisk eggs and add to pan and keep stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula in a circular motion. Once the eggs are scrambled remove them from the pan and reserve for later.
3. Clean pan with a paper towel and add some more oil. Add the carrots and onions and cook until softened. Then add the rice and toss to mix. Let it cook (don't disturb it) so it gets a nice crispy edge to some of the rice and onions. Then mix again, or toss if you have the skills (you don't want rice all over the floor). Once the rice has fried (it will make some popping noises) you are getting close.
4. Add the soy sauce over top and mix. Add a bit at a time and stir. Add more soy sauce until the rice is all coated. Then mix in the scrambled eggs.
5. Plate and sprinkle on top with seasame seeds (if you have time pre-toast them in a hot dry pan before you cook the eggs).
The Un-Gluten Guy