Gluten Free Superbowl 2013

What did I eat for the Superbowl?  Almost like a grade school project - What I did for my summer vacation.  Being the biggest day in America for junk food I had to partake.

First things first - you need beer.  My favorite New Planet Off Grid Pale Ale.


Appetizers to get you going.  Onions + tomatoes + lime juice + avocado + cilantro + salt = yummy guacamole.  Served with Blue Corn Food Should Taste Good Chips.


First quarter is over, time to dig into some baby back ribs coated in Bone Suckin Sauce.  Made these in the pressure cooker and finished on the grill. You can see the old recipe here (http://www.ungluten.blogspot.com/2012/03/ribs.html), I've tweaked it a little and I'll update the new version soon.

Gotta have some salty, crunchy snacks.  One of my favorites is Snikiddy Baked Fries.


Can't be a Superbowl without my wings.  Dry rubbed with garlic and onion powder, paprika and salt and cooked until crisp on the grill and finished in my sauce.  You can see the sauce recipe here - (http://www.ungluten.blogspot.com/2012/05/buffalo-wings.html)


What about dinner?  Maybe something somewhat healthy.  Lettuce wraps!  Mixed chicken, mushrooms, water chestnuts, carrots, onions and walnut in the work with some seasonings.  We made a GF soy sauce & rice wine vinegar sauce as well as a tamarind, chestnut and cilantro sauce.  (I'll have to put this recipe up on the blog soon).


Game is over, time to put the kids to bed.

Until next Superbowl,

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Sake

San Diego Safari Park