Gluten Free Brownies

I am not a sweet tooth guy, more of the savory type.  But when I cut just about everything out of my diet I was looking for something cake-like and sweet.  I was at Trader Joe's and saw their gluten free brownie mix.

Now if you have been to TJ's they have a good size list of their gluten free products.  If you live in San Diego, I have been to the Trader Joe's on Mira Mesa Blvd and they have made your life easy.  All around the store they have placed little blue G's to indicate that the product is gluten free.

And now - Back to the Brownies.

The TJ's were easy to mix and bake.  Taste wise they were good.  A bit dense and chocolately.  Not really a cake like quality.  Although there are many things at TJ's I like.  I won't but this product again.

Wildtree.  My mother-in-law found this company and gave me a few of their products.  These were also easy to make.  A bit more light and fluffy than the TJ's.  The chocolate flavor was average.  They had that gluten free taste unfortunately, you know, like something is missing (yeah - gluten).

Well, what is my favorite.  A bit pricey but for 18.95 it is worth the money.  These are a bit more complex to make.  You need to melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler, mix the eggs & sugar, mix in the mix, fold in the chips then bake.

All I can say is that they are the best Brownies I have ever had.  My family wolfed them down (I'm the only one that has celiac).  You would never know they were gluten free.

Who makes them you ask?  Thomas Keller's Ad Hoc mix.  I found it at Williams Sonoma who now carries more and more gluten free stuff (but more on that later (see flour and cookies)).

When you need that soft, chewy, chocolatey, moist dessert - here it is and well worth the 10 to 15 minutes of prep and the price.

Enjoy,

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park