Where the hell am I going to eat??

This list hopefully will get quite big but so far I have found two that I trust.

First is George's California Modern in La Jolla, California.  See my previous BGF (before Gluten Free) blog on food at hisherfoodie.blogspot.com. The food here is by far my favorite restaurant in San Diego and has the best food.  For most though it will be a bit pricey.

The take all food allergies into account.  They do not have a GF menu but the waiters all know what is gluten free and what is not and what can be altered to be GF.

This has been my big issue.  If the waiter doesn't even know what celiac disease is, or what items contain gluten I am just about out the door.  At George's they know their stuff.

I had the Chino Corn Soup (sans crouton to make mine GF).  This is a rich creamy soup with fresh corn from Chino Farms in Rancho Santa Fe.  The bone in Halibut is prepared perfectly with a nice sauce.  Flourless chocolate cake for dessert.  Most important no upset stomach the next day so no cross contamination.  Definitely plan a meal here.

My second find was Urban Solace.  This quaint restaurant is in North Park in San Diego.  They have a GF menu which is big.  It has a number of entrees and apps.  I had the tomato fennel soup - delicious.  We split a blackened shrimp with corn grits (GF of course).  For dinner I had the chicken, roasted perfectly with potatoes on the side.

They just opened a new restaurant in Encinitas that I was told does not have a GF menu but approximately 80% of the menu is GF.  That is the next one on the list so check back for more.

The UnGluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park