Gluten Free Spices

When it comes to spices you have many options.  We initially went through our spice cabinet and threw out many things when I was first diagnosed.  We have found some things that were okay and technically did not contain any gluten ingredients.  But when you look into many companies that produce many products and state that they clean lines but do not test batches to verify that they are GF.

Then I ran across Spicely.  They are a company out of Fremont, California that produces spices and extracts.  They are certified organic, vegan, kosher and GF.  Yes, certified GF.  This always reduces my anxiety level, especially if I am making a dish and adding a lot of spice.

It was time to clean out our spices anyway - they all tend to lose flavor over time so we picked up a bunch of things that I commonly use.


I have used the chili powder and smoked paprika on chili and taco seasoning.  The dry chili flakes are great on pasta and pizza.  Garlic and oregano on garlic bread.  Herbs de Provence is a great blend if you have never tried it before - try it on chicken - you'll really like it.


I will definitely continue to support this local California company. Their seasoning are really good and certified GF.  I just made up a rub because I'm making pulled pork tomorrow so I'll rub the butt tonight.

Spice up your food,

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park