The Gluten Free Lunch Box

What's in your lunch box.  Lunch is one of those things that I constantly deal with.  At work there are no safe food items at the cafeteria and if a company brings in lunch from a restaurant there is never a GF item on table.

So I bring my lunch - every day.  When I decide what I will bring for lunch it usually depends on how much time I have the night before to prepare my food for the next day.

Factors include - do you have a refrigerator, microwave or toaster at work?  Is there a risk of cross contamination?(such as in the toaster)  I luckily have a personal refrigerator and microwave in my office.

I decided to keep track of what I brought to work for lunch for two weeks.  Hopefully this helps you and gives you some ideas for lunch.  Please comment on what you bring for lunch.  We may all learn some new packable GF lunches.

Week One

Monday - Turkey salad (the last of Thanksgiving leftovers).  I brought GF Matzo crackers to eat the turkey salad with (since I do not have a toaster I try to avoid GF bread at work - doesn't taste as good).  I also brought in turkey vegetable soup (that I made with the turkey) and heated it in the microwave.

Tuesday - Red curry with chicken and vegetables over rice.  This was leftovers from Monday's dinner.

Wednesday - Risotto with vegetables (leftover from Tuesday night)

Thursday - Large salad with vegetables and beans.  I added a can of tuna fish that I pour over and mix into the salad.  I make a simple vinaigrette for the dressing (1 tablespoon dijon mustard, 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 4 tbsp EVOO)

Friday - Cold Quinoa Salad (quinoa is leftover from dinner thursday).  I add carrots, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, sometimes nuts but not today.  Add feta cheese and a vinaigrette (3 tbsp red wine vinegar, 4 tbsp EVOO with a pinch of oregano)

Week Two

Monday - Pulled Pork Sandwich.  Left over pulled pork from Sunday.  Udi's hamburger roll reheated in microwave and topped with Bone Suckin' BBQ sauce.

Tuesday - Soup and Salad.  I made vegetable soup over the weekend.  Salad was topped with carrots, cucumbers and beans topped with vinaigrette.

Wednesday - Spaghetti and meatballs.  Leftovers from Tuesday night.

Thursday - Sweet and sour chicken over rice.  Leftovers from Wednesday night.

Friday - Salad with fresh vegetables and tuna fish.

There you have it.  Two weeks of me eating lunch.  You can see I try to make sure that our dinner has enough for me to pack leftovers for lunch.

Add your lunch ideas.

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park