Microwave Muffins

Okay, so I'll have to make them again and take a picture because I ate it.

My wife asked if she could make me a muffin after dinner.  Muffin?  Sure, why not.

"What's in it?"  I asked.

"Flax seed" she told me

She got the recipe from Jorge Cruise, who is an author, nutritionist, weight loss guru.
He was on the Doctor Oz show and presented the recipe here.

He has a few options and she tweaked one for me.

Get a coffee mug - yes, a mug.

Put in
1/4 Cup ground flax seed
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 egg
1 tsp. sugar
2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
1/2 of a banana mashed

His recipe calls for 1 tsp of coconut oil (we didn't have it) and 1 packet of stevia instead of the sugar (I'm a plain sugar guy).  She also added the banana.

Now put it in the microwave, yes the microwave, for 50 seconds.

Out comes a light fluffy muffin.  Have it for a snack, have it for breakfast, make it at work.

I was impressed and it was good.

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park