NFCA

The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness is a great new organization and web resource that I found.  Someone sent me page out of a magazine with a story about Alice Bast and her diagnosis of Celiac disease and the effort that followed in getting people, doctors and restaurants aware of Celiac Disease.

There is a whole section for kids, too.

They have information about the disease and symptoms for those that are curious or still searching for a diagnosis.

They have 90 minute web-based course for restaurants, chefs and staff that goes over the disease, cross contamination and how to adjust recipes.  I am going to start getting the SD restaurants aware of this.  I hate being somewhere and having to pull out a GF bar while my family eats or whip out my cell-phone to search the web to find a nearby GF restaurant.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a GF symbol (hey, its SD maybe a GF inside a surfboard) to know that I could walk in and have a GF meal. - There is an idea.

They have links to recipes, blogs, shopping and more.

Definitely check this site out.  Awareness is huge.  I know that friends and family now call me or email me when the find a new restaurant with GF food, see GF food at the store or see an article or recipe that is GF.  They now notice it because they are aware.

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park