Mustard

Raye's Mustard is a small mustard mill in Maine.  I visited it once when my wife and I were visiting Maine and we picked up some mustard.  They have all types and they are all delicious.  They make great gifts, too.

I had not had some in a while and wondered whether or not it was safe to eat - so I contacted them.  They let me know that almost all of the mustards are gluten free.  They are kosher certified and the non-gluten free ones are produced on a separate line.

The non-gluten free ones are the beer mustards (and these are not kosher certified and therefore produced on a separate line from the other mustards).  She even checked with the company that supplies their wine - and the wine is gluten free - but it is not kosher certified and therefore made on the same line as the beer mustards, so there is a risk of cross contamination (I would avoid it).


So if you stay away from the beer and wine mustards you should be fine.  I have had no problems.  The Down East Schooner is one of my favorites.  This is how mustard is supposed to taste.  Old World Gourmet is good too.

They also have 4 packs and 6 packs which make great gifts.

Cook up a hot dog on a GF bun and spread on the mustard,

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park