If you get my tweets, you saw me mention this spread. My wife stops at a produce stand and gets whatever is fresh. They usually offer up some simple and tasty recipe ideas. They had some fresh eggplant and this it what came out of the oven.
Goat cheese (optional)
Something to spread it on (chips, toast, etc)
1. Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise.
2. Mince up garlic (for me, the more the better)
3. Score the meat side of the eggplant so the garlic can penetrate it while it cooks
4. Spread the minced garlic over the meat side of the eggplant (my wife slices it and slides it into the scored marks).
7. Scrape out the insides with a spoon and place in a bowl.
8. Mash with a fork and season with salt to taste.
9. Spread on your favorite toast or dip in crackers or vegetable strips.
The Un-Gluten Guy