Its flour-less, its an easy Gluten Free dessert, so I am not sure why more restaurants don't offer it. For a super easy to make and simple to clean up dessert - just make it at home. You can easily have it all done in 30 to 40 minutes. I have tried lots of recipes and they are basically all the same - butter, eggs, sugar and chocolate.
4 oz bittersweet chocolate (I use Ghiradelli 60%)
1/2 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Guittard)
3/4 Cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
1. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees
2. Use can use a 9 inch or 8 inch round pan. If you use the 9 inch pan it will be thinner - but it will work with either. Cut a piece of wax paper or parchment paper. Butter the bottom of the pan (use your hands - it works the best). Put the paper in, flatten, then turn the paper over and flatten it down in the center.
3. Make a double boiler. Put a bit of water in the bottom of a pan and place a metal bowl over top. The water should be a simmer to slow boil. Melt the butter and chocolate together. Alternatively, you can melt it in a microwave safe bowl. Cook at 50% for 2 minutes, then add 30 seconds at a time until it is melted.
4. Next, whisk in the sugar. Once incorporated whisk in the eggs.
5. Sift the cocoa powder into your mixture and stir in CAREFULLY; otherwise you'll have cocoa powder all over the place.
6. Pour into your pan and cook 20 - 25 minutes until done.
Slice it, dust with powdered sugar and pour a cup of coffee or a tall glass of milk.
The Un-Gluten Guy