Need a good snack? How about a cheesy side to a meal? This is good for both and I guarantee you'll eat some while you make them.
What you need:
A block of Cheese - Hard cheese like parmesean
Silpat (the non-stick silicone mat for cooking)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grate the cheese. We usually do parmesean but sometimes mix in some mimolette (its a semihard french chedder). The problem with softer cheese is the oil comes out as you cook it.
3. Take a nice size pinch of the cheese and place it on the silpat (about 6 per sheet).
4. Cook until it just starts to brown and remove from oven.
5. Let it rest to firm up before you try to pick them up.
The Un-Gluten Guy