Roy Yamaguchi's Pacific Rim Cuisine

Roy's has had a makeover and it started in La Jolla.  The famous Roy's has been relabeled Roy Yamaguchi's Pacific Rim Cuisine.  We have been fans of Roy's and frequent the restaurant in La Jolla. You can my previous post here.  They did a complete makeover of the restaurant and upon walking in it really is nice, modern, open and inviting.  Brian, the manager, was glad to see us and seemed really happy with the new makeover.

Tim, our waiter, was very helpful and he brought me the Gluten Free menu that you can see below.



I was able to talk with Charles, the new chef, and he was very knowledgeable.  They are working on going to tamari instead of soy sauce and converting other things to GF.  They found a GF Ko Chu Jang Sauce that they use on the Bi Bim Bap.

I was excited to have the Bi Bim Bap.  I used to really like this but have not had it since being diagnosed.  If you haven't had this you are missing out.  It is a korean dish of rice with vegetables, egg and chili sauce.  You mix it all up and the silkiness of the egg blends it all together.  The heat of the chili sauce goes great with the vegetables.  Did I like it?  I devoured it.


For dinner I had the trout.  The sauce was made with fresh juice, mustard, oil and some tamari sauce.  It was simple and good.  Pan roasted vegetables and pan roasted trout that was delicious dipped in the sauce.


For dessert.  I had the chocolate soufflĂ© of course.

I think you'll like the new decor and atmosphere, and the food is great too,

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park