Jake's Del Mar

We went out to dinner the other night at Jake's which is a beach front restaurant located in Del Mar.  I have eaten here before but have not blogged about them as far as I can tell.

They offer a gluten free menu which you can view here.  And they are very helpful and accommodating.

Tonight Avi was our server and he was super helpful and knowledgeable.  I also asked to speak to the manager, which I usually do, and he came to the table and was very understanding and knew the menu well.

For my appetizer I had the layered seafood cocktail which is made with lobster, shrimp, avocado and an orange chili sauce.  I inquired about the sauce and all components are safe.  This was fresh, clean and super good.  The chili sauce was a nice balance to the creaminess of the avocado.


For dinner I had the lamb.  This was coated with mustard and spices (what spices? chili powder, coriander, ginger, garlic, jalapeno, garam masala and fenugreek).  It was served with a sauce made with greek yogurt, mint, cumin, coriander, garlic, chili flakes, lemon, honey and roasted red pepper.  This was served with white beans, tomatoes and swiss chard.  I was told all was safe and the chef serves it to friends with wheat allergies and they have no issues.  This was delicious.  The lamb was cooked perfectly, the sauce was a nice blend and added a bit of heat and the tomato, bean an chard was a good accompaniment.


I would recommend going back.  If you are visiting you can't beat the view of the pacific ocean.  Did I mention that the restaurant is right on the beach and a great place to watch the sunset.

If only I could get them to make a gluten free Oreo cookie crust to make the hula pie gluten free then life would be perfect.

Take care,

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park