I have an ache

Well, not really.  The other day I did and at the office was a packet of Advil gel caps and I almost took them but thought I should probably check first.  Well this is what I found.

Advil® Liqui-Gels® and Advil® Migraine and contain a wheat derivative, and are not gluten-free. You should check with your doctor if you have any concerns about taking this product.

What about Alleve?  This was on their website:  We do not add any gluten to our products. However, we cannot guarantee that they are 100% gluten free as this product is produced in a facility that manufactures or packages other items which may contain gluten.

Motrin is a product of Johnson & Johnson.  I could not find anything on their website so I emailed them and this is response I got:  The MOTRIN® IB Caplets are Gluten free. MOTRIN® IB Tablets and MOTRIN® PM Gluten information is not available.

What about Bayer Aspirin? They also did not have anything on the website so I sent them an email. This is their response:  We do not add any gluten to our products. However, we cannot guarantee that our
products are 100% gluten-free as this product is produced in a facility that
manufactures and/or packages other items which may contain gluten.


Safeway lists their acetaminophen, ibuprofen and aspirin as gluten free.

You can check out Gluten Free Drugs.  This website has a good list or check with your Pharmacy.

I also emailed Tylenol and Pfizer, the maker of Celebrex.  I'll update this with their repsponse but I thought it was useful information to share.

Use this information as information.  Use caution when using something new and do your own research to determine if the product is safe and things can change over time.

Now I have a headache,

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park