Chocolate Chip Cookies - The Remake

So I think I got it.  After making lots of cookies and trying many combinations of flour I found the one I think it a hit - and so do the kids.  (You can see my other post about chocolate chip cookies and how many I tried.)

This is my Toll House knock off.  The other one I blogged about was a bit grainy and this just tasted better and has a better texture - I hope you like it.


Ingredients:

1 Cup White Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Tapioca Flour
1/2 Cup Sorghum Flour
1/4 Cup Millet Flour
2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 Cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 Cup sugar
3/4 Cup brown sugar (if you like a more dark sugar or molasses like flavor increase to a cup)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 Cups chocolate chips (I like Guittard semisweet)

1.  Mix together the flours, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt and mix well.

2.  Put the butter, white and brown sugar and vanilla extract into a stand mixer and beat until creamy.  Add the eggs and beat until combined.  Slowly add the flour mixture.  After it is all combined add the chocolate chips and stir in by hand.

3.  Preheat the oven to 375 and put the bowl into the refriderator.

4.  When the over is heated make small balls (about a tablespoon) and place onto parchment paper or silpat and flatten slightly.



5.  Bake about 10 minutes or until browned on the edge.

Pour yourself a cool glass of milk and enjoy,

The Un-Gluten Guy

P.s.  It is a great idea to make some of the balls and freeze on a baking sheet and then store in a bag in the freezer.  When you need a quick fix but don't have the time to make a whole batch toss a few in the oven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park