Gluten Free Pasta Recipes

I have been a huge fan of pasta.  I became limited after being diagnosed.  Away went the boxes of Barilla and I gave away my pasta roller too (no way to clean all of the flour out of it).

I tried many rice pastas and found the texture to be off.  I have settled on Quinoa Pasta and found the taste and texture are good.  I haven't ventured into making my own Gluten Free pasta but that will be some time soon.

When it comes to pasta I like simple most of the time.  A bit of olive oil, some fresh garlic, fresh chopped tomatoes and some fresh basil are a perfect combination.  Add some grilled shrimp or sausage.  You can spice it up with some dried red pepper flakes or sliced peppers.  And don't forget the cheese - some slices of mozzarella melt nicely over the pasta or shaved parmesan.

1.  Pasta with Proscuitto
I don't remember where I first saw this recipe, but it was on some cooking show but i've tweaked it over the years.

You'll need pasta, prosciutto, can of diced or crushed tomatoes (I like San Marzano), pecoricinni peppers, olive oil and pecorino cheese.

Cook the pasta and reserve a bit of the water (in case the sauce is too thick you can thin it out by adding the pasta water).

The sauce is quick and easy.  Chop the prosciutto and fry in a pan until crispy, then add 2 cloves of crushed garlic and lightly brown.  Next add sliced peppers - how many depends on how hot you like it (I usually cut up about 12).  You can deglaze the pan with some white wine if needed to scrape up all the bits.  Then add the can of tomatoes and let simmer.

Ready to serve?  Dump in the cooked pasta and coat evenly, then throw in a cup of the freshly grated cheese, mix then serve.

The heat of the peppers and the saltiness of the prosciutto are a perfect combination.

Ciao,

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park