Ribs

Ribs are great.  Tasty, sweet, smokey and delicious.  It reminds me of summer bbq's.  Ribs always take a while to make.  It is usually an all day affair.  You can smoke em, grill em, or boil em.

When you want a quick way to make ribs you pull out the pressure cooker.

My kids like ribs so its a great way to get in some protein.  I use pork baby backs.

I cut them into four rib pieces each and dry rub with salt, onion powder and paprika.  You can even do this the night before and let it sit in the fridge.

Sear the meat side of each section then into the pressure cooker.

I add a bottle of GF beer, 1/2 Cup GF BBQ Sauce (we like bone suckin sauce), 2 Tablespoons of ketcup and 2 teaspoons of salt.

Cook in the pressure cooker for 30 minutes.

Finish on the grill on high heat and brush on the BBQ sauce, just be sure to not let it burn.  Or you can finish in the oven under the broiler to caramelize the sauce.

This is great meal with baked beans and some homemade potato chips.

Baked Beans

In a pinch I heat up Heinz vegetarian baked beans.


One of the baked bean recipes I like to make when I have time is Bon Appetit Root Beer Baked Beans.  You can find it here

Chips

As for the chips, my kids tell me that I don't cook them enough.  It's a bit of a chore but at least I know they are fresh - and they are good.  Out comes the Le Cruset dutchoven and in goes peanut oil.  Bring up to 350 degrees (use a thermometer and be careful).  I slice the potatoes thin on a mandoline and soak them in cold water.  Lay out papertowels on a baking sheet to dry out all of the chips (water and hot oil do not mix).  I usually cook a batch of 20 slices at a time and remove when brown, add some salt and enjoy.  I usually don't see the first two batches because they are eaten by little hands as soon as they cool off.  I make enough for dinner and a snack for lunch the next day (usually 3-4 large potatoes).

Tonight we had some left over brussels sprouts and I made some GF corn bread.



Enjoy lickin your fingers tonight,

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

San Diego Safari Park

Sake