Kappa Sushi


Kappa Sushi is a sushi place in SD at the end of Mira Mesa near the 15.  We found the place by following one of our favorite Sushi Chefs - Kat.  We met her at Roy's in La Jolla then followed her to Nozomi in Carlsbad and now to Kappa Sushi.  One of the owner's Eric we knew from Sushi on the Rock in La Jolla.  This place is hands down great sushi and the myth about women's hands being too warm - she does not ruin the fish - it is delicious and melts in your mouth.

When I was diagnosed even sushi became a problem.  I had to search out new GF soy sauce.  I tried Tamari but it didn't agree with me, I think, on two separate occasions, I then tried Bragg's soy alternative.  That was okay but I was not fond of the taste.  I then found Kikkoman's GF soy and that is my choice now.  I bring it with when ever we go out.


I still have to find GF ponzu or make it myself. So unfortunately, that takes away some of the great plates they make.

I usually stick with the chef's shasimi plate.  The fish is always fresh and delicious.  The spicy sauce is made with sirachi and is GF so I usually have a few spicy tuna handrolls.


I have talked to Kat and Eric and they clean the area to prevent cross contamination.  I was afraid to eat rolls since some of the rolls are made with tempura ingredients.  They will use a clean roller if you order roll sushi.  I have eaten here numerous times and never be glutened.

A full and content Un-Guten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park