Rendezvous Del Mar

Well, I found it.  I thought after being diagnosed that chinese food was out.  I figured that there was no way to prevent cross contamination.  I assumed that wonton soup and fried food dishes would keep me away from the woks and fryers.

Well, luckily I was wrong.  I found Rendezvous in Del Mar.  Actually I have driven by here for years but never ventured in to try the food.

They have a GF menu and it is big.  Three tapas, four soups, 27 entrees.  And they are super receptive to those with Gluten allergies.  We did take out the other day and they even put my GF food in a completely separate take out bag then the rest of the families food.

And it was delicious.

I had their hot and sour soup.  Tofu and mushrooms in a delicate broth.


Next I had the Curry chicken over rice.  Tender pieces of chicken in a pungent curry sauce (I know, not typical american Chinese food).


Next, (I just got off a crazy long day at work and was super hungry) I had the shrimp pad thai.  Usually I am fearful that aside from a thai restaurant the pad thai will be disgusting but this proves that theory wrong.  Perfectly cooked noodles and and savory sauce topped with shrimp.


Findmeglutenfree.com has others reviews which are also positive.

If you have been looking for a Chinese restaurant - this is it.

The Un-Gluten Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Mike's Pizza

Ghostfish Gluten Free Beer

San Diego Safari Park